Monday, October 6, 2008

Coming back

This post may be the first of a new launch for me. I've participated in blogs and listservs and groups of many kinds for many years, but the possibility of starting one fresh strikes me as a pretty good idea. My life is presently in flux, in many ways, with some intriguing possibilities lying just offshore. It may be that "A Good Idea" is the right thing at the right time, and now is the time.

What would I be writing about here? Writing. Libraries. Games and gaming. Art and illustration. Sounds too unfocused? Not really. Trust me. Come back and check it out as I make time to add new material.

Meantime, consider these two links -- on the future of reading, from the front page of today's New York Times; and this Pew report shattering negative myths about the effects of video games on youth.

No comments: